Watch the England vs. South Africa first ODI highlights from South Africa’s tour of England in 2022. The first ODI match between South Africa and England was played on July 19, 2022, at Riverside Ground in Chester-le-Street as part of a three-match one-day international series. England vs South Africa 1st ODI 2022
As a result of Rassie Van der Dussen’s career-high 134, Janneman Malan’s fifty, an all-around performance by Aiden Markram that included two crucial wickets, spinners, and Anrich Nortje’s four-for, South Africa defeated England by a score of 62 runs and went ahead 1-0 in the first ODI.
Match Stats :
- South Africa’s 62-run win was their seventh largest victory by terms of runs against England in One-day internationals.
- South Africa’s 333 was their second highest score against England in One-day international and It is their highest total in England soil in ODIs, previous highest was 328 against England at Southampton in 2017.
- Rassie van der Dussen became the eighth South African batsman to score a hundred against England in One-day internationals.
- Rassie van der Dussen became the fifth South African batsman to score a century in England soil in ODIs after Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, Hashim Amla and Faf du Plessis.
- Rassie van der Dussen’s 134 was his highest score for South Africa in One-day international and the fifth highest-score by an South African batsman against England in ODIs.
- 109 : Janneman Malan and Rassie van der Dussen set up the fourth highest second-wicket partnership for South Africa against England in One-day internationals.
- 151 : Rassie van der Dussen and Aiden Markram set up the record third-wicket partnership for South Africa against England in One-day internationals, previously held by the 143-run stand between Jacques Kallis and Herschelle Gibbs at Cape Town in 2005.
- 102 : Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow set up the fifth highest first-wicket partnership for England against South Africa in One-day internationals.
With a loss in the opening game of their three-match series against South Africa, England said Ben Stokes farewell to one-day international cricket.
Rassie van der Dussen, who scored the most runs for South Africa with 134 off 117 balls and his third ODI century as well as his maiden century versus England in ODIs, led the team with 333-5 in 50 overs.
Janneman Malan scored 57 off 77 balls, including five fours, David Miller smashed an unbeaten 24 off 14 balls, including four fours, with a strike rate of 171.42, and Quinton de Kock scored 19. Aiden Markram scored 77 off 61 balls, including nine fours, with a strike rate of 126.22.
Liam Livingstone, the best bowler for England, took two wickets while Brydon Carse, Moeen Ali, and Sam Curran each took one wicket.
England scored 271 runs in 46.5 overs, with Joe Root scoring the most with 86 runs off 77 balls. including 5 4s and 2 6s.
Sam Curran scored 18, Jason Roy hit 43 off 62 balls with three fours and a six, while Jonny Bairstow made 63 off 71 balls, including seven fours.
Anrich Nortje, the finest bowler for England, grabbed 4 wickets for 53 runs in 8.5 overs. Keshav Maharaj – Lungi Ngidi lost two wickets each to Aiden Markram and Tabraiz Shamshi.
Player of the match was awarded to Rassie van der Dussen for his outstanding batting display, which included a career-high 134 runs scored off of 117 balls, including 10 fours, with a strike rate of 113.67.